Slow Cooker Indonesian Chicken Breasts Recipe
- Yield: 6 servings
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 4:00 h
- Ready In: 4:10 h
Average Member Rating
(3 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Calories from fat16
Slow cooker Indonesian chicken breasts recipe. Chicken breasts with zucchini, coconut milk, and herbs cooked in a slow cooker. You will enjoy the combination of coconut milk, ginger, garlic, cilantro and cumin in this tasty chicken recipe.
- 3 large skinless chicken breasts,halved
- 15 oz (450 ml) can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 medium yellow onion,peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons gound coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound (480 g) zucchini,seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 4 cups cooked rice,warm
In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except zucchini, cornstarch, 2tablespoons water, cilantro, seasoning, and rice. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 ½-4 hours, adding diced zucchini during the last 30 minutes.
Open the lid. Using tongs, remove cooked chicken breasts from the slow cooker. Set aside and keep warm.
Switch heat to high and cook for a further 10 minutes. Stir in combined cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water, stirring 2-3 times. Stir in cilantro.Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Turn off slow cooker. Serve cooked chicken, vegetables and broth over cooked rice.