Slow Cooker Italian Pork with Sweet Potatoes2013-06-23
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10:00 h
- Ready In : 10:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 2 pounds (960 g) pork shoulder roast,boneless,fat trimmed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds,crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano,crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound (480 g) sweet potatoes,peeled and cut into 1-inch(2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 cup (250 ml) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- fresh Italian parsley
In a small mixing bowl,combine fennel seeds,garlic powder,oregano,paprika,salt and black pepper. Mix well and rub meat with your fingers.
Place sweet potatoes in slow cooker. Top with rubbed pork and pour over chicken broth.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for8-10 hours.
Remove cooked meat from < a href="https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=as_li_qf_sp_sr_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=slavasrecipes-20&keywords=slow cooker&index=aps&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=xm2&linkId=37d2fb3234bfe5317436fdabce81839a">slow cooker and slice it. Remove cooked potatoes from slow cooker with slotted spoon. Reserve cooking liquid.
Serve slow cooker Italian pork with sweet potatoes and cooking liquid. Garnish with Italian parsley.