Slow Cooker Meatballs with Spaghetti Sauce
- Servings: 5
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5:00 h
- Ready In: 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker meatballs with spaghetti sauce. Beef meatballs cooked in slow cooker and served with homemade spaghetti sauce.
- 2 pounds (960 g) lean ground beef
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 onion,peeled and chopped
- 2 large eggs,beaten
- 1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For Spaghetti Sauce:
- 28 oz (840 ml) can peeled whole tomatoes,undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves,peeled and finely minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- cooked spaghetti
- grated Parmesan cheese
In a mixing bowl,combine all meatball ingredients,except olive oil. Mix well and form into walnut-sized meatballs.
In a nonstick skillet,preheat olive oil over medium heat. Add meatballs and sear on all sides,turned as they brown.
Transfer seared meatballs to 4½-quart(4½ L) slow cooker. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 3-5 hours. Add seasoning and serve over cooked spaghetti.
Spaghetti Sauce: In a mixing bowl,combine all sauce ingredients,except Parmesan cheese. Mix well and pour mixture over meatballs. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.