Slow Cooker Pepper Steak2021-06-08
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(3 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat1.5 g
Trans Fat3.6 g
Unsaturated Fat0.3 g
Slow cooker pepper steak. Beef steak with vegetables cooked in a slow cooker. Easy and yummy. You may also like Beef Steak with Mushroom Gravy, juicy beef steak with homemade mushroom gravy cooked in a crock pot/slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Pepper Steak
- 1 ½ pounds (720 g) boneless beef round steak, fat removed
- 2 medium yellow onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
- 1 cup (250 ml) beef broth
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold water
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
Cut beef round steak into strips. Grease a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add beef and brown on all sides, turning once.
In a slow cooker, layer cooked beef, onions, garlic, and ginger. In a mixing bowl, combine beef broth and soy sauce. Mi well and pour mixture over meat.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 8-9 hours, or until beef is tender.
In a small mixing bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Gently stir in beef mixture. Stir in green and red bell peppers. Turn heat to high, cover and cook for a further 10-15 minutes.