Slow Cooker Pepper Steak
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 1 ½ pounds (720 g) boneless beef round steak,fat removed
- 2 medium yellow onions,peeled and sliced
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
- 1 cup (250 ml) beef broth
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold water
- 2 green bell peppers,cut into strips
Cut beef round steak into strips. Grease nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add beef and brown on all sides , turning once.
In a slow cooker,layer,cooked beef,onions,garlic and ginger. In a mixing bowl,combine beef broth and soy sauce. Mi well and pour mixture over meat.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 8-9 hours or until beef is tender.
In a small mixing bowl,combine cornstarch and water. Gently stir in beef mixture. Stir in green bell peppers. Turn heat to high,cover and cook for a further 10-15 minutes.