Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- Yield : 12 buns
- Servings : 12
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless pork loin roast
- Brown Sugar Rub (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 12 small buns
- White Barbecue Sauce (recipe follows)
- For Brown Sugar Rub (makes about 1/4 cup (60 ml))
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For White Barbecue Sauce:
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
In a mixing bowl, mix all Brown Sugar ingredients. Rub pork loin with brown sugar mixture. Place in a slow cooker. Pour in chicken broth.
Cover the cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours or until pork is tender.
Turn off slow cooker. Using tongs, remove cooked pork loin from slow cooker and transfer to a cutting board. Using two forks, shred meat.
Spoon shredded pork into bottom of buns. Top with White barbecue sauce.
For White Barbecue Sauce (makes about 2½ cups (625 ml): In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except lemon juice. Mix well. Add lemon juice to taste.