Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- Yield : 12 buns
- Servings : 12
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless pork loin roast
- Brown Sugar Rub (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 12 small buns
- White Barbecue Sauce (recipe follows)
- For Brown Sugar Rub (makes about 1/4 cup (60 ml))
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For White Barbecue Sauce:
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
In a mixing bowl,mix all Brown Sugar ingredients. Rub pork loin with brown sugar mixture. Place in slow cooker.Pour in chicken broth.
Cover cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours or until pork is tender.
Turn off slow cooker. Using a tongs,remove cooked pork loin from slow cooker and transfer to cutting board. Using two forks,shred meat.
Spoon shredded pork into bottom of buns. Top with White barbecue sauce.
For White Barbecue Sauce (makes about 2½ cups (625 ml): In a mixing bowl,combine all ingredients,except lemon juice. Mix well. Add lemon juice to taste.