Slow Cooker Rangoon Chicken Wraps
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5:20 h
- Ready In: 5:30 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker Rangoon chicken wraps.Very delicious chicken recipe. Seasoned with light coconut milk, chutney, ginger, and lime peel, this richly flavored wrap include jasmine rice.
- 4 pounds (1.92 kg) whole roasting chicken
- 2 carrots,peeled and juilinned
- 1 green bell pepper,seeded and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fruit chutney
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 cuo (125 ml) unsweetened,reduced fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1/2 cup jasmine rice
- 8 (9-inch each) sesame tortillas
- 8-10 snow peas,cut into thin strips
Remove giblets form chicken. Rinse and pat chicken dry with paper towels.
Place carrots in slow cooker. top with chicken breasts,side down,then add sliced green bell pepper.
Finely chop fruit pieces in fruit chutney. In a small bowl,combine chopped fruits,peanut butter,soy sauce,ginger and lime peel. Mix well. Stir in coconut milk and chicken broth. Pour coconut mixture over chicken in slow cooker.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 5 hours or until chicken breasts are tender.
Boil 1 cup water over medium-high heat in a small saucepan. Stir in jasmine rice. Reduce heat to low. Cover saucepan and cook for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
Remove cooked chicken from slow cooker. Remove and discard bones and skin.Slice meat.
Fill tortillas with slice chicken,rice,bell pepper and carrots. Spoon about 1 ½ tablespoons cooking juices over each. Sprinkle stripped snow peas on top of filling. Fold ends and roll up.