Slow Cooker Sausage, Beans, and Cabbage Soup2021-07-22
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 5:00 h
- Ready In: 5:15 h
Average Member Rating
(3.7 / 5)
3 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2.6 g
Trans Fat1.7 g
Unsaturated Fat1.1 g
Slow cooker sausage, beans, and cabbage soup. Delicious soup with vegetables and sausages cooked in a slow cooker. You may also like Gnocchi Soup, another easy and delicious soup cooked in a crockpot.
Slow Cooker Sausage, Beans, and Cabbage Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 12 oz(360 g) smoked sausage, sliced
- 8 cups(2 l) chicken broth
- 1/2 head savoy cabbage, shredded
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cans(14 oz( 420 g ) each) red beans, drained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
In a large nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add chopped onion and cook, stirring until golden. Place in a slow cooker.
Using the same skillet, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Add sausage and cook until brown. Add to slow cooker.
Place chicken broth, shredded cabbage, and bay leaf in a slow cooker. Stir until well blended. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 4 hours.
Add drained beans. Season with salt and black pepper. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 1 hour. Remove and discard bay leaf.