Slow Cooker Sausage,Beans and Cabbage Soup
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 5:00 h
- Ready In : 5:15 h
Average Member Rating
(3.5 / 5)
2people rated this recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter,divided
- 1 large onion,peeled and chopped
- 12 oz(360 g) smoked sausage,sliced
- 8 cups(2 l) chicken broth
- 1/2 head savoy cabbage,shredded
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 ripe tomatoes,chopped
- 2 cans(14 oz(420 g)each) butter beans,drained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
In a large nonstick skillet,melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add chopped onion and cook,stirring until golden. Place in slow cooker.
Using the same skillet,melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Add sausage and cook until brown. Add to slow cooker.
Place chicken broth,shredded cabbage,tomato paste and bay leaf in slow cooker. Stir until well blended. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 4 hours.
Add chopped tomatoes and beans. Season with salt and black pepper. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 1 hour. remove and discard bay leaf.