Slow Cooker Shiitake-Portobello Chowder2022-10-30
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5:00 h
- Ready In: 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat14.0 g
Trans Fat6.3 g
Unsaturated Fat1.0 g
Slow cooker shiitake-portobello chowder.Delicious mushroom soup cooked in a slow cooker. Celebrate the rich mushroom, cheese, and wine flavors in this excellent chowder!
Slow Cooker Shiitake-Portobello Soup
- 3 cups (750 ml) reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 shallots,thinly sliced
- 2 potatoes,peeled and cubed
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cups cubed portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Marsala wine
- 1 oz (30 g) shredded Gruyere cheese (optional)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients, except Marsala wine, seasoning, and cheese, in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on a high-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
Stir in Marsala wine and add seasoning to taste. Sprinkle each bowl of chowder with cheese(optional).
Sprinkle with fresh minced parsley and serve.