Slow Cooker Shiitake-Portobello Chowder
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5:00 h
- Ready In: 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker shiitake-portobello chowder.delicious mushroom soup cooked in slow cooker.Celebrate the rich mushroom,cheese and wine flavors in this excellent chowder!
- 3 cups (750 ml) reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 shallots,thinly sliced
- 2 potatoes,peeled and cubed
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cups cubed portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Marsala wine
- 1 oz (30 g) shredded Gruyere cheese (optional)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients,except Marsala wine,seasoning and cheese,in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
Stir in Marsala wine and add seasoning to taste. Sprinkle each bowl of chowder with cheese(optional).
Sprinkle with fresh minced parsley and serve.