Slow Cooker Spicy Ribs
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:15 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 1 ½ cups (370 g) tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup (125 g) brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup (80 g) finely chopped yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pounds (1.96 kg) baby back ribs,separated
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
In a mixing bowl,combine tomato ketchup,brown sugar,vinegar,Worcestershire sauce,Dijon mustard and onions. Stir well and set aside.
In another mixing bowl,combine garlic powder,salt and black pepper. Stir well. Rub well meat with garlic mixture,coating thoroughly.
In a large nonstick skillet,preheat vegetable oil. Working in a batches,add seasoned baby back ribs and brown ,turning once.
Arrange cooked ribs in the bottom of slow cooker. Pour reserved barbecue sauce over meat. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
Serve cooked ribs with barbecue sauce.