Slow Cooker Spicy Sausage Stew
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5:00 h
- Ready In : 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2people rated this recipe
- 1 pound (480 g) Italian-style turkey sausages,sliced
- 14½ oz (435 ml) can Italian plum tomatoes,undrained
- 1 cup (250 ml) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 small yellow onions,peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- half of small jalapeno chili,sliced
- 1 yellow squash,peeled and sliced
- 1½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 zucchini,thinly sliced
- 4 oz (120 g) cooked rigatoni
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 oz (30 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except zucchini,salt,black pepper,rigatoni and cheese. Mix well.
Cover cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours,adding sliced zucchini and cooked rigatoni during last 20 minutes.
Turn off slow cooker. Season sausage stew with salt and black pepper. Stir well.
Transfer to serving platter. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese (optional). Serve hot.