Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken Breasts
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(3.2 / 5)
5people rated this recipe
- 1 ½ pounds (760 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts,cubed
- 16 oz 9480 ml) can pineapple chgunks in light syrup,drained and liquid reserved
- 14 oz (420 ml) can nonfat chicken broth
- 1/4 cup 960 ml) vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 large green bell pepper,seeded and sliced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold water
Grease slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place cubed chicken breasts in slow cooker.
In a small saucepan,combine pineapple syrup,vinegar,brown sugar,minced garlic and soy sauce. Stir well and cook over medium heat,stirring,until brown sugar dissolves. Pour pineapple mixture over chicken in slow cooker.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high heat setting for 1 hour. Stir in pineapple chunks and sliced green bell pepper. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7-8 hours.
In a small mixing bowl,combine cornstarch and water. Mix until smooth. Add mixture in slow cooker and stir well to combine. Cover and cook for a further 30 minutes.