Slow Cooker Tomato-Chicken Stew
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker tomato-chicken stew. Cubed chicken breasts with vegetables and dry white wine cooked in a slow cooker. Very easy and delicious chicken recipe!
- 1 ½ pounds boneless and skinless chicken breast,cut into cubes
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) can diced tomatoes,undrained
- 15 oz (450 ml) can Great Northern beans,rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (250 ml) reduced-sodium and fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 g) tomato paste
- 1 cup (250 g) sleced yellow onions
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 cups (500 g) sliced mushrooms (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- chopped green onion for garnish
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except seasoning and chopped green onions. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Discard bay leaf and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Remove cooked chicken with vegetables from slow cooker. Transfer to serving platter. Sprinkle with chopped green onion and serve.