Slow Cooker Turkey Chablis2012-10-11
- 28-oz (540g) frozen rolled turkey roast,thawed
- 1 cup (250 ml) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic,minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary,crushed
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) light cream or milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Put turkey roast in slow cooker. Combine together wine,onion,garlic,bay leaf,rosemary,and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Pour mixture over turkey roast.
Cover and cook on low heat for 9 hours. Remove ready slow cooker turkey and discard bay leaf. Skim excess fat from cooking liquid.
Pour 1¼ cups cooking liquid into saucepan. Blend cream slowly into cornstarch. Stir into liquid. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
Slice ready slow cooker turkey roast. Pour some sauce over;pass remaining. Garnish slow cooker turkey with parsley.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe