Slow Cooker Turkey Ragout
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker turkey ragout. Turkey ragout cooked in slow cooker.
- 1½ punds(720-750 g) turkey breast,cut into 1-inch(2.5 cm) cubes
- 14½ oz(435 g) can Italian plum tomatoes,undrained and chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 2½ cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup celery
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1-2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2-4 tablespoons water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
Combine all ingredients,except cornstarch water and seasoning in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Turn heat to high and cook 10 minutes. Gently stir in combined cornstarch and water,stirring 2-3 minutes.
Add seasoning and serve slow cooker turkey ragout over cooked Polenta.