Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5:00 h
- Ready In : 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 1 pound (480 g) extra lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 red bell pepper,sliced
- 10 oz (300 ml) bottle sweet and sour sauce
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Combine turkey,egg substitute bread crumbs and milk in mixing bowl. Mix well.
Pinch off a 1-inch(2.5cm) piece of the turkey mixture. Roll into a balls.
Lightly grease nonstick skillet with oil. Heat it over medium-high heat. Put meatballs to skillet. Brown turkey meatballs on all sides.
Combine remaining ingredients in slow cooker. Mix well. Add cooked turkey meatballs. Stir to coat with sauce.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4-5 hours. Serve slow cooker turkey meatballs hot.