Slow Cooker Turkey Rosemary
- Yield: 6 serving plates
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:10 h
- Ready In: 8:20 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
- 4 pounds (1.9 kg) boneless turkey breasts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions,coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 large stalks celery,coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary,crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Preheat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Cook turkey pieces until browned. Drain off excess fat.
Combine together onion, celery, bouillon granules, rosemary, salt, pepper, and 1 cup water in a slow cooker. Arrange fried turkey atop. Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours.
Remove turkey pieces and skim excess fat from cooking liquid. Measure 1½ cups liquid into the saucepan. Return turkey pieces to crock pot. Cover. Blend 1/2 cup cold water into the flour. Stir into reserved cooking liquid in saucepan. Cook and stir until gravy is thickened and bubbly.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Put slow cooker turkey pieces on serving platter. Pass the gravy. Slow cooker turkey is ready. Bone appetite!