Slow Cooker Vegetable-Stuffed Peppers
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 7:00 h
- Ready In: 7:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1/2 cup converted white rice
- 15 ¼ oz (457 ml) can whole-kernel corn,drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon Mrs Dash seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) can diced tomatoes in juice,undrained
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) dry red wine
- 6 oz (180 ml) can Italian tomato paste with roasted garlic
- 2 zucchinis,chopped
Lightly grease inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.
Cut off tops of bell peppers and remove stems. Chop remaining portion of each top and set aside. Clean out the inside of peppers. Place peppers standing upright in slow cooker.
In a mixing bowl , combine chopped pepper , zucchini,rice , corn,green onions , Mrs Dash seasoning , garlic powder , black pepper , and 1/4 cup tomatoes(without juice). Mix well and stuff mixture into peppers.
In another mixing bowl,combine remaining tomatoes and juice,wine and tomato paste. Mix well and pour mixture over and around stuffed peppers. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-7 hours.