Slow Cooker Vegetable Tajine Recipe
- Yield : 4 serving plates
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5:00 h
- Ready In : 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Calories from fat10
Slow cooker vegetable Tajine recipe.Vegetables cooked in slow cooker and served over couscous. This delicious vegetarian dish belongs to Moroccan cuisine. In Moroccan cuisine,vegetables tajine traditionally cooked in earthenware pots.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound (480 g) mixed fresh vegetables,cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable stock
- 13 oz (400 ml) can chickpeas,drained and rinsed
- 3 oz (90 g) dried apricots
- 13 oz (400 ml) can tomatoes,chopped
- 1 teaspoon harissa paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander,fro garnish
- freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- cooked couscous
In slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except black pepper,couscous and coriander. Stir well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Turn off slow cooker. Season cooked vegetables with black pepper,to taste and stir well.
Serve over cooked couscous.