Slow Cooker White Bean Soup with Spinach Recipe2020-11-22
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Main Dish
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 8 soup bowls
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Slow cooker white bean soup with spinach recipe. Delicious chicken broth-based soup cooked in a slow cooker. For vegetarians: substitute vegetable broth for chicken broth. Are you looking for more easy and delicious slow cooker recipes? We have a huge collection of them, please check it out-Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker White Bean Soup with Spinach Recipe
- 8 cups (2 L) low-fat chicken broth
- 1½ cups dried white beans
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced carrots
- 1/3 cup sliced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 14½ oz (435 ml) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 10 oz (300 g) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- gratred Parmesan cheese for garnish, optional
In a 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except undrained tomatoes, spinach, and seasoning. Stir well.
Cover the pot and cook on low-heat setting for 7-8 hours, adding tomatoes and spinach during the last 30 minutes.
Turn off the slow cooker and open the lid. Discard bay leaves. Season ta to taste with salt and black pepper. Stir the soup well before serving.
Ladle into soup bowls. Sprinkle each bowl with grated Parmesan cheese (optional). Serve hot.