Slow Cooker Yankee Bean Soup
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 oz (450 ml) each ) navy beans,rinsed and drained
- 8-12 oz (240-360 g) smoked ham,cubed
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 1 rib celery
- 2 carrots,peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled ana minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) can diced tomatoes,undrained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients. Mix well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Turn off slow cooker. Season soup to taste with salt and black pepper. ladle into soup bowls. Serve immediately.