Spiced Carrot Dip
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 2:00 h
- Ready In: 2:15 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Spiced carrot dip.Delicious appetizer.Serve this tasty dip with wheat crackers or tortilla chips.
- 1 large onion,peeled and very finely chopped
- 3 carrots,peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon hot curry paste
- 2/3 cup(150 ml) plain yogurt
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- dash Tabasco sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- grated rind and juice of 1 orange
In the ceramic cooking pot,combine onion,carrots,orange rind and juice and curry paste. Stir well to combine.
Cover and cook over high heat for 2 hours,or until carrots are tender.
Uncover the pot and set aside for 10 minutes.
Add cooled carrot mixture to food processor and process until smooth.
Transfer the carrot puree to a bowl and leave,uncovered,for 1 hour to cool completely.
Add plain yogurt to carrot puree and stir to combine.
Tear the basil leaves roughly into small pieces and stir them into mixture until thoroughly combined.
Stir in freshly squeezed lemon juice and Tabasco sauce. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Serve at room temperature within a few hours of making.