Spicy Vegetable and Coconut Salad2014-06-08
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Spicy vegetable and coconut salad.Delicious vegetarian salad with vegetables,coconut cream and spices.Very easy to prepare!
- 1 green chili,deseeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper,deseeded and diced
- 1-inch(2.5 cm) ginger root,peeled and grated
- 4 spring onions,sliced
- 7 oz(210 g) sweet potatoes,peeled and diced
- 7 oz(210 g) broccoli,chopped
- 6 oz(180 g) red lentils
- 2½ cups(400 ml) vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup(200 ml) soy milk
- 1 2/3 oz(50 g) coconut cream
- 1 oz(30 g) toasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
In a large sauce pan,preheat olive oil. Add green chili,green bell pepper,grated ginger and sprung onion. Fry,stirring occasionally,for 2 minutes.
Add diced potato,chopped broccoli and lentils. Fry for additional 1 minute,then add vegetable stock,soy milk and coconut cream.
Bring to the boil,then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until potato and lentils are cooked.
Season with salt and black pepper and top with toasted almonds.