Thai Chicken-Coconut Soup2022-04-04
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 40m
- Ready In: 50m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat0.6 g
Trans Fat1.0 g
Unsaturated Fat0.4 g
Thai chicken-coconut soup. Enjoy the deliciousness of Thai-style comfort food with this hearty chicken and coconut soup. Bursting with flavors, this easy-to-make soup is a healthy & flavorful choice for any meal. Try it today!
Thai Chicken-Coconut Soup, a Hearty and Delicious Comfort Food
Chicken-Coconut Soup is a dish that has been enjoyed by many for its rich flavors and comforting qualities. This soup is a perfect blend of savory chicken, creamy coconut milk, and aromatic herbs and spices.
It’s a hearty meal that can be enjoyed any time of the year, but especially during the colder months when you need something warm and satisfying to soothe your soul.
Ingredients and Preparation: How to Make the Perfect Thai Chicken-Coconut Soup
To make the perfect Chicken-Coconut Soup, you will need a few key ingredients. First, start with boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs. You’ll also need coconut milk, chicken broth, lemongrass, ginger, garlic, lime juice, fish sauce, and red curry paste.
To prepare the soup, start by heating some oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the minced garlic, grated ginger, and sliced lemongrass to the pot and cook for a few minutes until fragrant. Next, add the red curry paste and stir until it’s well combined with the other ingredients.
Add the chicken to the pot and cook until it’s no longer pink. Then, pour in the chicken broth and coconut milk and bring the mixture to a simmer. Let the soup cook for about 10-15 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked and tender.
Finally, add the lime juice and fish sauce to the soup and stir well. Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning as needed. Serve hot with fresh cilantro and sliced jalapeños on top for an extra kick of flavor.
With these simple steps, you can easily make a delicious and comforting bowl of Thai Chicken-Coconut Soup right at home.
Serving Suggestions: Pairing Thai Chicken-Coconut Soup with Other Dishes
This soup is a versatile dish that can be paired with a variety of other dishes to create a complete meal. Here are some serving suggestions to help you enjoy this comforting soup to the fullest:
1. Rice: Thai Chicken-Coconut Soup is traditionally served with steamed jasmine rice. The rice helps to balance out the spiciness of the soup and provides a filling base for the dish.
2. Noodles: For a heartier meal, try serving the soup with noodles. Rice noodles or egg noodles work well and add a different texture to the dish.
3. Vegetables: Add some fresh vegetables to your soup for added nutrition and flavor. Bok choy, mushrooms, carrots, and bell peppers are all great options.
4. Spring Rolls: Pairing Thai Chicken-Coconut Soup with spring rolls makes for a delicious and satisfying meal. The crispy texture of the spring rolls complements the creamy soup perfectly.
5. Salad: A light salad can be a refreshing addition to the meal. Try a simple cucumber and tomato salad with a lime dressing to complement the flavors of the soup.
With these serving suggestions, you can enjoy the rich flavors of Chicken-Coconut Soup in a variety of ways. Experiment with different pairings to find your perfect combination.
Enjoying the Rich Flavors of Thai Chicken-Coconut Soup at Home
After following the steps outlined in this guide, you should now be able to make a delicious and comforting bowl of Thai Chicken-Coconut Soup right in your own kitchen. Remember to use fresh ingredients and adjust the seasoning to your liking.
This soup is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a cozy night in or a dinner party with friends.
Pair it with some steamed rice or noodles, and you have yourself a complete meal that will satisfy your cravings for something warm and flavorful. So go ahead and indulge in the rich flavors of Thai Chicken-Coconut Soup, and enjoy the comfort it brings to your taste buds.
Thai Chicken-Coconut Soup
- 4 oz (120 g) dried cellophane noodles
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 lemongrass stalk, crushed
- 1/2-inch(1.25 cm) piece fresh gingerroot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh red chile, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons nam pla (Thai fish sauce)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 4 scallions (green part only), finely sliced
- fresh cilantro leaves, to garnish
In a large bowl, soak the dried noodles with enough lukewarm water to cover for 20 minutes, until soft. Drain well and set aside.
In a large pan, boil chicken stock over high heat. Reduce heat to low, and add lemongrass, gingerroot, lime leaves, and chile. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Add sliced chicken breasts and continue simmering for an additional 3 minutes (until flesh is poached). Gradually stir in the coconut cream, Thai fish sauce, and most of the lime juice. Continue simmering for 3 minutes.
Add bean sprouts and scallions and simmer for an additional 1 minute. Taste and gradually add extra Thai fish sauce or lime juice at this point. Remove and discard the lemongrass stalk.
Divide soaked and drained noodles among 4 bowls. Bring the soup back to a boil, then add the soup to each bowl. Sprinkle Thai chicken-coconut soup with cilantro leaves