Thai Chicken-Coconut Soup
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 40m
- Ready In: 50m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Thai chicken-coconut soup. Very delicious Thai chicken soup.
- 4 oz (120 g) dried cellophane noodles
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 lemongrass stalk,crushed
- 1/2-inch(1.25 cm) piece fresh gingerroot,peeled and finely chopped
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves,thinly sliced
- 1 fresh red chile,seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts,thinly sliced
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons nam pla(Thai fish sauce)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 4 scallions (green part only),finely sliced
- fresh cilantro leaves,to garnish
In a large bowl,soak the dried noodles with enough lukewarm water to cover for 20 minutes,until soft. Drain well and set aside.
In a large pan,boil chicken stock over high heat. Reduce heat to low,add lemongrass,gingerroot,lime leaves and chile. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Add sliced chicken breasts and continue simmering for an additional 3 minutes (until flesh is poached). Gradually stir in the coconut cream,Thai fish sauce and most of the lime juice. Continue simmering for 3 minutes.
Add bean sprouts and scallions and simmer for an additional 1 minute. Taste and gradually add extra Thai fish sauce or lime juice at this point. Remove and discard the lemongrass stalk.
Divide soaked and drained noodles among 4 bowls. Bring the soup back to a boil,then add the soup to each bowl. Sprinkle Thai chicken-coconut soup with cilantro leaves