The Best Baked Mushroom Tart Recipe2021-02-03
- Cuisine: French
- Course: Dessert, Main Dish
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 1 tart
- Servings: 8-10
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 50m
- Ready In: 60m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat4.2 g
Polyunsaturated Fat0.5 g
The best baked mushroom tart recipe. A very easy and super delicious mushroom tart baked in an oven. You may also like Baked Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms, another yummy mushroom recipe baked in an oven.
The Best Baked Mushroom Tart Recipe
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds (960 g) mushrooms, washed and sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 shallots, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1¹⁄³ tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup (350 ml) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- freshly squeezed juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- all-purpose flour
- 1 pound (480 g) dried beans, baking crostata shell
- 1 pound (480 g) crumbled blue cheese
- 2tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
Preheat your oven to 425 F (210 C).
Preheat 2 large sauté pans over high heat. Divide extra-virgin olive oil between 2 pans. Working in batches, add sliced mushrooms to the hot oil, then season with salt and black pepper. Add unsalted butter to each pan and allow caramelizing.
Once mushrooms cooked, transfer them to 1 pan. Add shallots and garlic. Cook, stirring, until lightly brown and fragrant. Add chopped thyme and continue coking for a further 30 seconds. Stir in the heavy cream, then reduce heat to low and bring to a simmer. Simmer until the cream reduced by half.
Stir in grated Parmesan cheese and lemon juice. Turn off the heat and quickly stir in the beaten egg. Remove the mushroom mixture from the pan and set aside. Allow cooling, then stir in chopped parsley.
Roll out the pastry dough on a well floured surface. Roll the dough out so that it will line a 10-inch (25 cm) bottom tart pan. Line the dough with a parchment paper, then fill with dry beans.
Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove the dough from the pan, set aside and allow cooling to room temperature. Remove beans and parchment paper.
Reduce oven temperature to 400 F (200 C). Fill the shell with cooled mushroom mixture. Top with crumbled blue cheese. Bake for 20-30 minutes.