Tiny Thai Croquettes
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(2.5 / 5)
2people rated this recipe
Tiny Thai croquettes. Delicious skillet-fried fish corquettes with vegetables and herbs served with spicy sweet and sour sauce.
- 12 oz (360 g) catfish fillets,boned and cut into small cubes
- 12 oz (360 g) green beans,trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch(1.25 cm) rounds
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves,coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh lime zest
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg,lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Thai Sweet and Sour Sauce(see recipe below)
- For Thai Sweet and Sour Sauce:
- 1 cup (250 ml) rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (250 ml) water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh red chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh cilantro stems and roots,strings removed
- 1 cup (250 g) thinly sliced cucumbers,halved and seeded
- 8 cilantro leaves,for garnish
In a mixing bowl,combine cubed fish,green beans and basil. Stir well and process the fish mixture in a small batches in a food processor,without making a smooth paste.There should be some texture and each ingredient should be visible.
Place mixture in a bowl. To the fish mixture,add fish sauce,curry paste,lime zest,brown sugar and black pepper. Mix well,using a fork.
Fold in beaten egg to bind the mixture. Form into 16 roundish croquettes,2-inches (5 cm) across.
Preheat vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add fish croquettes in a small batches and sate on both sides until golden,about 2 minutes per side. Serve tiny Thai croquettes hot with the sweet and sour sauce.
Thai Sweet and Sour Sauce: In a saucepan,combine all ingredients,except cucumber and cilantro leaves. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes,stirring to dissolve the sugars.
Remove to a bowl and let cool to room temperature. Stir in cucumber slices. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve with tiny Thai croquettes.