American Fish Chowder2020-05-16
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 60m
- Ready In: 1:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat0.5 g
Polyunsaturated Fat1.3 g
American fish chowder. Very delicious chowder with white fish and vegetables.
- 2 pounds(960g) mixed white fish,skinless,boneless,cut into small size pieces
- 2 ounces (60 g) bacon,diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion,peeled and chopped
- 4 potatoes,peeled and chopped
- 4 carrots,peeled and chopped
- 4 stalks of celery,finely chopped
- 14 ounces(420 ml) can of tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1½ pints (850 ml) fish stock
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- dried thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan. Fry bacon until crisp. Remove from pan. Add onions to saucepan and cook gently until transparent.
Combine together remaining ingredients,except fish and cooking bacon,in saucepan. Cover and simmer gently for 45 minutes.
Add the fish pieces and bacon. Cover and cook for 15 minutes more.