Broiled Halibut Steak with Eggplant Sauce2013-02-10
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Broiled halibut steak with eggplant sauce. Halibut steak with homemade eggplant sauce cooked in broiler.
- 1 large green pepper,cut into 1/2-inch(1,2 cm) strips
- 1 large onion,peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pound (480 g) eggplant,peeled,cut into 1/2-inch(1,2 cm) cubes
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 8-oz(240 ml each) cand tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1 garlic clove,peeled and minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds (960 g) halibut steak
In large nonstick skillet,heat vegetable oil. Add green pepper and onion. Cook until tender.
Add eggplant cubes,tomato sauce,garlic and bay leaf. Simmer for 15 minutes.
Lightly grease broiling pan with cooking spray. Preheat broiler.
In saucepan over low heat,melt butter with lemon juice salt and black pepper. Set aside.
Arrange halibut steak on grilling rack and brush with butter mixture. Broil fro 5 minutes,then turn and brush again with butter mixture. Broil until fish tender.
Serve broiled halibut steak with hot eggplant sauce.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe