Pressure Cooker Chipotle Beef Stew2016-05-21
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
- 3 pouns (1.44 kg) boneless stewing beef,cubed
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled and finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 28 oz (840 ml) can tomatoes,undrained
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 pound (480 g) package wet-packed posole,well rinsed
- 2 carrots,peeled and chunked
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl,combine cubed beef,seasoning and potato starch. Toss well to coat meat evenly.
In a pressure cooker,heat 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Working in a batches,add seasoned meat and brown on all sides in a single layer for 3-4 minutes.Add remaining olive oil as needed. Transfer browned meat to a bowl.
Add chopped onion,carrots and minced garlic to the pot,reduce heat to medium,and cook,stirring,for 1-2 minutes. Return browned beef to the pot. Sprinkle with ground cumin. Cook,stirring occasionally,for 5 minutes.
In a blender,combine undrained tomatoes,chiles ,adobo sauce and water. Puree until smooth.
Add adobo mixture to pressure cooker along with the possole. Stir well to combine.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set the burner temperature to high pressure. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce burner heat to low. Set timer to cook for 20 minutes.
Remove pot from the heat. Carefully open pressure cooker. Add salt as needed.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe