Pressure Cooker Mexican Salsa Minestrone2016-06-26
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
- 10 cups (2.5 L) chicken broth
- 1 cups (250 ml) chunky tomato salsa
- half of yellow onion,peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 potatoes,peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots,peeled and diced
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup kidney beans
- 1 cup diced peeled chayote
- 1 cup frozen white corn kernels
- 1/2 cup frozen petite peas
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) soup pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a pressure cooker,combine all ingredients,except soup pasta,cilantro and seasoning. Stir well.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 10 minutes.
Remove pot from the heat. Carefully open pressure cooker. Stir in soup pasta. Bring to a boil,uncovered,over high heat. Boil gently until pasta is tender to bite (for 6-8 minutes).
Season with salt and black pepper. Stir in fresh cilantro. Serve hot with fresh warm tortillas on the side.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe