Slow Cooker Lemon-Garlic Chicken2016-02-13
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5:00 h
- Ready In : 5:10 h
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds (960 g) skinless and boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves,peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
In a small bowl,combine dried oregano,garlic,seasoned salt and black pepper. Mix well and rub chicken breasts with oregano mixture.
Heat unsalted butter in a large nonstick skillet. Brown rubbed chicken breast halves in hot butter. Using a slotted spoon,transfer to slow cooker.
Pour water,lemon juice and bouillon granules in the same skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat,loosening browned bits from skillet. Pour boiled lemon mixture over chicken.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 4-5 hours. Add parsley and baste chicken. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for a further 15-30 minutes,or until chicken breasts are tender.
Average Member Rating
(3.4 / 5)
670 people rated this recipe