- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:30 h
- Ready In : 1:40 h
- 1 ½ pounds (760 g) yellow onions,coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) shortening
- 1 ½ pounds (760 g) chuck beef,cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 oz (180 ml) tomato paste
- 1/2 pound (240 g) veal shoulder,cubed
- 1/2 pound (240 g) pork shoulder,cubed
- 1 cup (250 ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250 ml) sour cream
In a Dutch oven,saute the onions in the fat until golden. Add cubed beef and cook,stirring occasionally, over medium heat until it loses its bright redness.
Season with salt,the add tomato paste,reduce heat to low,cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add veal and pork and continue to simmer,covered,for 1 hour. Stir in dry white wine.
Simmer,covered,for a further 30 minutes or until meats are tender. Remove from the oven.Serve over cooked pasta with sour cream.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe