Air Fryer Coconut Chicken Nuggets Recipe2022-07-10
- Yield: 8
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Ready In: 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat1.4 g
Trans Fat7.2 g
Unsaturated Fat3.7 g
Air fryer coconut chicken nuggets recipe. These nuggets are crispy and tender, made with a delicious breading that tastes great on its own or stuffed in a wrap. You can also use it as an appetizer or main dish. Add the dipping sauce for sweetness and spice!
How to Make Coconut Chicken Nuggets
Add the buttermilk and sriracha to a mixing bowl or zip-top bag. Place chicken pieces in and toss them around to ensure even distribution. Store it in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight to tenderize.
Preheat the air fryer to 400 F (200 C) for 5 minutes. While it’s preheating, coat the chicken tenders with a spice mixture.
Add flour and spices to a bowl. Add eggs to the other bowl. Add panko and coconut flakes to the third. Remove the chicken from the marinade and dip it in the flour, then in eggs, and then in coconut panko. Set on a plate while you dip the rest.
Spray coated nuggets with coconut oil spray. Fry at 400 F (200 C) for about 6-8 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Meanwhile, combine ingredients to make the dipping sauce. Start by mixing the yogurt with honey and sriracha. Serve it with coconut chicken nuggets.
What is the difference between chicken nuggets and chicken strips?
Chicken nuggets are typically smaller and made from a skinless, boneless chicken breast that has been pounded to create a light, airy texture. They are often coated in breadcrumbs or a cornmeal batter and fried in oil. Chicken strips are larger pieces of meat that have been cut into smaller pieces so they fry up crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
How to keep chicken nuggets moist?
Soaking or marinating chicken tenders before cooking them will make them moist, juicy, and crispy.
How to make coconut chicken nuggets crispy?
Make sure the air fryer you’re using is the correct temperature and that they don’t become greasy.
How long to cook chicken nuggets in an air fryer?
Fry at 400 F (200 C) for 6-8 minutes, or until fully cooked, and turn halfway through.
5 Tips on How to Use an Air Fryer Properly for Quick & Healthy Dinner
Air fryers make it easier for people to cook healthy meals quickly. They are also more convenient than using a traditional oven. Air fryers can be used for many different types of dishes and are a great way to cook healthier meals. Here are 5 tips on how to use an air fryer properly for quick and healthy dinners.
1) Keep the oil level at the minimum level possible: The oil should not cover the entire cooking surface of the air fryer. This is because the food will release less fat and oil when it is only partially covered by oil in an air fryer. In addition, this prevents food from sticking to the bottom of the pan and burning.
2) Don’t overcrowd your pan: It is important that you don’t put too many pieces of food in your air fryer. Using too many pieces at one time in your air fryer can cause food to not cook as evenly and could result in food burning.
3) Avoid frozen or pre-packaged foods that contain added salt, sugar, or preservatives: Frozen foods are often times fried prior to being packaged, which means these products are likely high in fat and salt. In addition, pre-packaged foods often contain added preservatives that can be hazardous to your health.
4) The oil should not cover the entire cooking surface of the air fryer. A good rule of thumb is to place an oil-absorbing mat under your food as it cooks. The oil-absorbing mat should not be a piece of paper towel or something that can fall into your food. If the oil gets too low, the frying will stop and you may need to add more.
5) Watch your air fryer for signs that it needs to be cleaned: If you notice that your air fryer smells like smoke, the oil has bubbled or your food is not cooking as well as it should, then it is time for a cleaning. For quick clean-up, put vegetable or canola oil in a spray bottle and lightly mist over the cooking surface of the machine.
Air Fryer Coconut Chicken Nuggets Recipe
You may like as well:
- 1 cup (250 ml) buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sriracha sauce
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-pieces
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- For Dipping Sauce:
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) Greek yougurt
- 1/2 cup (60 ml) honey
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sriracha sauce
In a mixing bowl, combine the buttermilk and sriracha sauce. Mix well. Add the chicken and place it in a covered bowl. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Preheat your air fryer to 400 F (200 C) for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare marinated chicken, by coating them.
Mix one bowl of flour and spices, the second bowl with beaten eggs in it, and a third with mixed breadcrumbs and coconut flakes in it. Dip the chicken in the flour mixture first, then shake off the excess. Dip costed nuggets in the beaten eggs, then in the breadcrumb mixture.
Working in batches, place chicken nuggets in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Spray with coconut oil. Fry at 400 F (200 C) for 6-8 minutes, flipping halfway through. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
Meanwhile, prepare the dipping sauce, by mixing all sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl. Serve with chicne nuggets.