Air Fryer Tempura Chicken Wings2023-05-14
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Ready In: 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2.5 g
Trans Fat0.1 g
Unsaturated Fat6.8 g
Air fryer tempura chicken wings. Try this amazing air-fried tempura chicken wings recipe – crispy and delicious! This recipe is easy to make, and perfect for any occasion.
Air Fryer Tempura Chicken Wings
Air fryers have become increasingly popular in recent years due to their ability to cook food quickly and healthily. One of the most beloved dishes made in air fryers is tempura chicken wings. These wings are coated in a light, crispy batter that is sure to satisfy any craving for fried chicken. So, let’s get started!
How to Prepare the Chicken Wings for Air Frying
To prepare the chicken wings for air frying, you’ll need to start by washing them thoroughly under cold running water. Pat them dry with paper towels and set them aside. Next, you’ll want to season the chicken wings with salt and pepper or any other preferred seasoning. You can also marinate the chicken wings in your favorite marinade for a few hours before cooking to add more flavor.
Once seasoned, place the chicken wings in a large bowl and toss them with cornstarch until they are evenly coated. The cornstarch will help to create a crispy texture on the outside of the chicken wings. Finally, arrange the chicken wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket, making sure there is enough space between each wing for even cooking.
YOU MAY LIKE AS WELL:
Steps to Make Perfectly Crispy Tempura Coating
To make the perfect tempura coating for your air fryer chicken wings, you need to follow a few simple steps. First, you will need to prepare the batter by mixing all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. You can also add some spices like garlic powder or paprika for extra flavor.
Next, slowly pour in ice-cold water while whisking the mixture until it becomes smooth and free of lumps. Be careful not to overmix the batter, as this can result in a tough coating.
Once the batter is ready, it’s time to coat the chicken wings. Dip each wing into the batter, making sure it’s fully coated. Then, place the wings in the air fryer basket, leaving some space between them to ensure even cooking.
Set the air fryer to 400°F and cook the wings for 10-12 minutes, flipping them halfway through. The tempura coating should be golden brown and crispy when done.
Finally, remove the wings from the air fryer and let them cool for a few minutes before serving. This will help the coating stay crispy. Enjoy your delicious and crunchy air fryer tempura chicken wings!
Serving Suggestions and Tips for Enjoying Tempura Chicken Wings
Once your air fryer tempura chicken wings are perfectly cooked and crispy, it’s time to enjoy them! Here are some serving suggestions and tips to make the most out of this delicious dish:
1. Serve with Dipping Sauces: Tempura chicken wings taste great on their own, but they’re even better when paired with a dipping sauce. Some popular options include sweet chili sauce, honey mustard, ranch dressing, or even homemade spicy mayo.
2. Add Some Spice: If you like your food with a bit of heat, try adding some cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to the tempura coating mixture. This will give your chicken wings an extra kick that’s sure to satisfy your taste buds.
3. Pair with Veggies: To balance out the richness of the chicken wings, serve them with some fresh veggies like carrot sticks, celery, or cucumber slices. This will add some crunch and freshness to your meal.
4. Make it a Meal: Air fryer tempura chicken wings can be a great main course for a casual dinner or lunch. Serve them alongside some rice, noodles, or a salad for a complete and satisfying meal.
5. Enjoy with Friends: Finally, don’t forget to share your delicious creation with friends and family. Air fryer tempura chicken wings are a crowd-pleaser, so invite some loved ones over and enjoy this tasty dish together.
Air Fryer Tempura Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds (1.44 kg) chicken wings, cut into three sections, wing tips discarded
- 3/4 cup cup cornstarch, separated
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Wash the chicken wings and pat them dry with paper towels. Set them aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cornstarch, salt, and black pepper. Stir well. Slow pour in the cold water, whisking the mixture until smooth and no lumps.
Dip each wing into the batter, making sure it's fully coated. Transfer coated wings to the air fryer basket, leaving a space between them ( you may need to work in batches).
Fry at 400 F (200 C) for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through. Serve hot.