Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe2020-06-25
- Cuisine: Asian
- Course: Appetizer, Main Dish
- Skill Level: Easy
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 6 serving plates
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Ready In: 25m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Asian chicken lettuce wraps recipe. These Asian-style lettuce wraps will please your taste buds. Filled with cubed chicken breasts, mushrooms and water chestnuts these wraps are healthy and very delicious. Ready in 15 minutes.
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds (720 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon+ 1 ½ teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 3/4 cup (180 g) fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 8 oz (240 ml) can water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 1/3 cup (80 g) sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
Grease large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat 1 tablespoon peanut oil over medium-high heat. Add cubed chicken and cook for 3 minutes. Drain.
Add chopped mushrooms, water chestnuts, and ginger. Cook, stirring, for a further 4-5 minutes or until chicken no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, combine vinegar, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and remaining peanut oil. Whisk well. Stir in chicken mixture.
Spoon chicken mixture over lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with toasted almonds, if desired and serve.