Baked Falafel Wraps with Tzatziki Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Ready In: 30m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Baked falafel wraps with tzatziki sauce. Falafels baked in a halogen (turbo) oven and served with homemade tzatziki sauce. Very delicious!
- 14 oz (420 ml) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 onion,peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 8 sprigs coriander, chopped
- 4 sprigs parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- seasoning flour, for shaping
- 4×9-10 in(23-25 cm) wraps or flat breads
- large handful mixed salad leaves
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 sprigs scallions, chopped
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- For Tzatziki Sauce:
- 1/4 cucumber, seeded and very finely grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 6 oz (180 ml) yogurt
Combine together the chickpeas, onion, garlic, coriander, parsley, and salt in a food processor. Process until fairly smooth.
Separate the mixture into 12 equal pieces. With floured hands, roll them into balls and flatten them slightly. Lightly grease the baking tray with cooking spray. Put the falafel on a baking tray, leaving a space between each one. Close up the wraps in a sheet of aluminum foil. Put on the lower grill rack of turbo oven.
Add the high rack and put the falafel tray on top. Cook at 392°F(200°C) for 5-6 minutes, while the wraps heat gently below.
Combine together cucumber, mint, garlic, and yogurt for tzatziki sauce in a glass bowl. Mix well. Cover and set aside.
Remove the tray of wraps from a turbo oven. Turn over and return to the halogen oven. Cook for 5-6 minutes more.
Remove the wraps and baked falafel from turbo oven. Separate the leaves, from turn tomatoes and scallions between the wraps. Add red chili. Top with baked falafel and tzatziki. Roll up and serve immediately, together with remaining tzatziki in a glass bowl.