Broccoli Cheese Soup2022-02-28
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Ready In: 40m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat13.0 g
Trans Fat0.0 g
Unsaturated Fat0.0 g
Broccoli cheese soup.Delicious and cheesy soup.Mouthwatering recipe!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted melted butter plus 3/4 cup (180 g)
- 1/2 of medium yellow onion,pee;ed and chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500g ) half-and-half
- 2 cups (500 ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 pound (240 g) chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup (250 g_ carrot,julienned
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 8 oz (240 g) grated cheddar cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
In a nonstick skillet,combine chopped onion and1 tablespoon melted butter. Saute onion over medium heat until translucent. Remove from the heat and set aside.
In a large sauce pan,combine remaining 3/4 cup melted butter and all-purpose flour. Cook,stirring,over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Stir constantly and add the half-and-half cream. Add chicken stock ,then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add broccoli,carrots and cooked onions. Cook over low-heat for 20-25 minutes.
Season with salt and black pepper. Remove soup from the heat and pour into blender. Blend until smooth.
Return mixture to the heat. Add grated cheddar cheese and nutmeg. Cook until cheese melted. Serve broccoli cheese soup hot with toasted bread.