Chicken Breasts Veronique
- Yield : 6
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 55m
Average Member Rating
(4.5 / 5)
2people rated this recipe
Chicken breasts Veronique. Chicken breasts with delicious homemade tarragon sauce baked in an oven.
- 3 whole boneless and skinless chicken breasts,halved
- all-purpose flour for dredging
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon tarragon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 2 cups seedless green grapes,halved
Preheat oven to 375 F (180 C).
In a small bowl,combine salt,black pepper and tarragon. Mix well. Coat the chicken pieces with tarragon mixture.
In a large nonstick skillet,heat 2 tablespoons butter and vegetable oil. Add seasoned chicken breasts and brown them on all sides. Remove browned chicken from the skillet and transfer to shallow baking dish.
Add chopped onions to the skillet and cook,stirring,until tender. Pour in chicken stock and dry white wine and bring to a boil. Pour wine mixture around the chicken.
Bake,uncovered, in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Top baked chicken with grapes. Bake for a few minutes more.