Pressure Cooker Brandied Mussels
- Servings : 2-4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 2m
- Ready In : 12m
Average Member Rating
(4.3 / 5)
3people rated this recipe
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small leek,washed and thinly sliced (white and pale green parts only)
- 2 medium celery stalks,thinly sliced
- 1 large green apple,peeled,cored and diced
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small tomato,peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brandy
- 2 pounds (960 g) mussels,scrubbed and debearded
In a pressure cooker,melt butter over medium heat. Add the leek and celery and cook,stirring,until leek soften,for about 2 minutes. Add diced apple,tomato,sage,black pepper. Cook,stirring until aromatic (fro a further 1 minute).
Pour in chicken broth and brandy. Bring to a simmer. Add mussels and toss well.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 2 minutes.
Open pressure cooker,using Quick Release method. Stir well before serving. Discard any unopened mussels. Transfer to serving platter. Serve with your favorite dry white wine.