Crock Pot Portuguese Soup Recipe
- Yield : 4 soup bowls
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5:00 h
- Ready In : 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 4 cups (1L) beef broth
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) tomato sauce
- 1/2 pound (240 g0 reduced-fat smoked sausage,sliced
- 3 medium potatoes,peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 cups sliced kale
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- hot pepper sauce,to taste
In a crock pot,combine all ingredients,except,seasoning,kale and hot pepper. Stir well.
Cover crock pot and cook on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours,stirring kale during last 15 minutes.
Turn off crock pot. Open the lid and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Stir in hot pepper sauce,if you like spicy soup. Serve hot.