Crock Pot Portuguese Soup Recipe2021-04-28
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5:00 h
- Ready In: 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
6 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat5.8 g
Polyunsaturated Fat1.8 g
Crock pot Portuguese soup recipe. This kale soup is a version of famous Portuguese soup Caldo Verde. Soups cooked in a crock pot turn flavorful and extremely tasty. Looking for more easy and tasty slow cooker recipes? We have a huge collection of them, please check it out-Slow Cooker Recipes
Crock Pot Portuguese Soup Recipe
- 4 cups (1L) beef broth
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) tomato sauce
- 1/2 pound (240 g) reduced-fat smoked sausage, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 cups sliced kale
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- hot pepper sauce, to taste
In a crock pot, combine all ingredients, except, seasoning, kale, and hot pepper. Stir well.
Cover crock pot and cook on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours, stirring kale during last 15 minutes.
Turn off crock pot. Open the lid and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Stir in hot pepper sauce, if you like spicy soup. Serve hot.