Easy Chicken Breast Margherita Recipe
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Ready In: 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Easy chicken breast Margherita recipe. Skillet-fried chicken breasts with tomato-mozzarella pasta sauce, cheese, and basil. The rich flavor of this delicious recipe comes from combination of herb and sauce.
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups (500 ml) tomato and mozzarella pasta sauce
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Season chicken breast halves with salt and black pepper.
In a large nonstick skillet,heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown,turning once,for about 5 minutes.
Stir in tomato and mozzarella pasta sauce. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken thoroughly cooked.
Top each chicken half with slice of mozzarella cheese. Let stand until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with sliced basil.