Easy Pasta Bean Soup Recipe
- Yield : 8 soup bowls
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Easy pasta bean soup recipe. This is a very easy and delicious soup with cooked pasta, beans, greens, and vegetables. Serve this soup accompanied with dry white wine.
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery ,chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 25 oz (750 ml) can stewed tomatoes,undrained
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken stock
- 18 oz (540 ml) can Romano beans,drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup uncooked pasta
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
In a large saucepan, cook carrots and celery over medium heat until crisp. Add garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes. Stir in dried basil and oregano.
Cut tomatoes into small pieces. Pour tomatoes with their juices and chicken stock in a saucepan. Reduce heat to low and bring mixture to a simmer. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Add pasta and cook until cooked through, for about 6 minutes. Turn heat off. Transfer soup to soup bowls. Sprinkle each bowl with grated Parmesan cheese. Serve hot.