Easy Pasta Bean Soup Recipe2022-03-25
- Cuisine: Italian
- Course: Main Dish, Soup
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 8
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Ready In: 35m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat0.1 g
Trans Fat0.0 g
Unsaturated Fat0.3 g
Easy pasta bean soup recipe. This is a very easy and delicious soup with cooked pasta, beans, greens, and vegetables. Serve this soup accompanied with dry white wine.
An Easy and Delicious Pasta Bean Soup Recipe
There’s nothing quite like a warm bowl of soup on a chilly day, and this easy pasta bean soup recipe is the perfect wholesome comfort food. Packed with protein and fiber, this soup is not only delicious but also incredibly nutritious.
Whether you’re looking for a quick weeknight dinner or a cozy lunch, this soup is sure to hit the spot. So grab your apron and let’s get cooking!
What You’ll Need to Make This Soup
To make this delicious and wholesome pasta bean soup, you’ll need a few simple ingredients that are easy to find at your local grocery store. Here’s what you’ll need:
– 1 can of cannellini beans (15 oz)
– 1 can of diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
– 1 onion, chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
– 1 cup of small pasta (such as ditalini or elbow macaroni)
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil
– 1 teaspoon of dried basil
– Salt and pepper to taste
These ingredients come together to create a flavorful and satisfying soup that’s perfect for a cozy night in or a quick and easy dinner option.
YOU MAY LIKE AS WELL:
Slow Cooker Greek Meatball Soup
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup
Step-by-Step Guide to Making the Soup
To make this easy and delicious pasta bean soup, follow these step-by-step instructions:
1. In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add 1 chopped onion, 2 chopped carrots, and 2 chopped celery stalks to the pot. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
3. Add 4 minced garlic cloves and cook for an additional minute.
4. Pour in 6 cups of vegetable broth and 1 can of diced tomatoes (14.5 oz). Stir well.
5. Add 1 can of drained and rinsed cannellini beans (15 oz) and 1 teaspoon of dried oregano. Stir again.
6. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
7. Add 1 cup of uncooked small pasta (such as ditalini or elbow macaroni) to the pot. Simmer for another 10-12 minutes or until the pasta is cooked.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Serve hot and enjoy!
This soup is perfect for a cozy night in or as a quick and easy meal during a busy week. Plus, it’s packed with wholesome ingredients that will keep you feeling satisfied and nourished.
Tips for Enjoying Your Pasta Bean Soup
Once your pasta bean soup is ready, it’s time to enjoy it! Here are some serving suggestions to make the most out of your wholesome comfort in a bowl:
1. Top it off: Sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese or chopped fresh herbs like basil or parsley on top of your soup for added flavor and texture.
2. Serve with bread: A slice of crusty bread or a warm baguette can be the perfect accompaniment to your soup. Dip it in the broth or use it to soak up any remaining soup in your bowl.
3. Add some greens: If you’re looking to add some extra nutrients to your meal, consider adding some leafy greens like spinach or kale to your soup. They’ll wilt down nicely in the hot broth and add some color to your dish.
4. Make it a meal: While this soup is filling on its own, you can also pair it with a side salad or some roasted vegetables to make it a more substantial meal.
No matter how you choose to serve it, this easy pasta bean soup is sure to become a new favorite in your household. Enjoy!
Easy Pasta Bean Soup Recipe
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery ,chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 25 oz (750 ml) can stewed tomatoes,undrained
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken stock
- 18 oz (540 ml) can Romano beans,drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup uncooked pasta
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
In a large saucepan, cook carrots and celery over medium heat until crisp. Add garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes. Stir in dried basil and oregano.
Cut tomatoes into small pieces. Pour tomatoes with their juices and chicken stock into a saucepan. Reduce heat to low and bring mixture to a simmer. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Add pasta and cook until cooked through, for about 6 minutes. Turn the heat off. Transfer soup to soup bowls. Sprinkle each bowl with grated Parmesan cheese. Serve hot.