Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Shrimp Soup Recipe2017-04-23
- Yield : 4 soup bowls
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5:00 h
- Ready In : 5:10 h
Easy slow cooker chicken shrimp soup recipe.Chicken breasts with vegetables and shrimp cooked in slow cooker. Add this delicious meal to your chicken soup recipe collection!
- 2 cans (14½ oz (435 ml) each) low-sodium,fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 pound (240 g) boneless and skinless chicken breast,cubed
- 4 sliced green onions
- 4 chopped plum tomatoes
- 1 carrot,peeled and sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 pound (240 g) shrimp,peeled and deveined
- freshly squeezed juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
In a slow cooker,combine chicken broth,cubed chicken,green onions,carrots,tomatoes,crushed red pepper and celery seeds. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours,adding shrimp during last 20 minutes .
Stir in lime juice and zest. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Stir again.
Turn off slow cooker. Ladle chicken shrimp soup into soup bowls. Serve hot.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe