Enchilada Chicken Breasts2012-08-01
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 cup (250 ml) homemade chicken broth,defatted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 4 oz (120 ml) can chopped chilies
- 1 ½ cups frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 whole chicken breasts,split and skinned
In a large microwaveable casserole,combine onion,garlic,and chicken broth. Microwave on high,uncovered,for 3 minutes.
Dissolve cornstarch in water. Add to casserole along with green chilies,spinach,cilantro,chili powder,herb seasoning and freshly squeezed lime juice. Stir to combine. Add chicken breasts. Spoon sauce over chicken and cover with wax paper. Microwave on high 8-10 minutes.
Stir.Rotate dish 1/2 turn. Cover.Microwave 8-10 minutes more until chicken breasts is fork tender and no longer pink next to the bone. Remove wax paper.Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe