French Onion Toasts
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
French onion toasts.Toasted bread with onions and cheese baked in the oven.Delicious appetizer!
- 8 slices French bread (1-inch(2.5 cm) thick)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and thinly slices
- 1½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup(250 g) shredded Swiss cheese
Preheat oven to 375ºF (180ºC).
Place French bread slices on a baking sheet and toast in preheated oven for 6-8 minutes.
Remove toasted bread from the oven and leave on baking sheet.
In a large nonstick skillet, combine melted butter and sliced onions. Cook over medium-high heat,stirring,until onions are tender(about 3-4 minutes).
Add remaining ingredients, except Swiss cheese and cook for additional 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Evenly spread onion mixture over toasted bread. Top with shredded Swiss cheese.
Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve French onion toasts hot.