Fried Tamarind Potatoes2022-04-09
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Ready In: 25m
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
4 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat0 g
Trans Fat0 g
Unsaturated Fat0 g
Fried Tamarind Potatoes
- 4 large potatoes. peeled and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves shallots. thinly sliced
- 1 chilli
- For Tamarind Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon tamarind pulp(use 2 tablespoons lemon juice as substitute)
- 3 tablespoons fresh water
- 2 tablespoons thick dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
In a large nonstick skillet, preheat vegetable oil. Add cubed potatoes and fry until they ate half-cooked.
Add minced garlic, shallots, and chili. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the shallots have softened and the potatoes have crisp edges.
Just before serving pour in tamarind sauce (see recipe below) and stir-fry to coat potatoes evenly. Serve fried tamarind potatoes hot.
Tamarind Sauce: In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well and pour over fried potatoes.