- Yield : 4-6
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Fried wontons.This recipe belongs to Chinese cuisine.Very simple and delicious!
- 1 pound (480 g) ground meat (lamb
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic , peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 stalk green onion , chopped
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 cups (500 g) finely chopped kale (leaves only)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1 large egg , lightly beaten
- 1 package (50 wonton wrappers) , defrosted
- cooking oil
In a large mixing bowl,combine ground meat,garlic,ginger,soy sauce,oyster sauce,green onions and chopped kale leaves. Mix well and set aside.
In a small mixing bowl,combine water and beaten egg. Whisk well , using a fork.
Place wonton wrapper on your hand. Add 1 teaspoon of meat mixture to the center of wonton wrapper. Dip a finger in the egg mixture and paint all wedges with egg mixture. Fold wonton wrapper in half , corner to opposite corner , to make a triangle. Seal tightly all around. Fold the longer two triangle points together and seal to make the wonton shape.
In a wok , preheat 1 inch (2.5 cm) of cooking oil until bubble. Add a few wontons at a time. Fry , turning occasionally , until they are golden brown.
Remove fried wontons from the wok. Place on the paper towel , so so they can drain excess oil. Serve fried wontons hot or cold.