- Yield: 4-6 appetizers
- Servings: 4-6
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Ready In: 25m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Fried wontons. This recipe belongs to Chinese cuisine. Very simple and delicious recipe! You may also like Sweet and Sour Pork
- 1 pound (480 g) ground meat (lamb,beef, chicken, turkey, pork)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic , peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 stalk green onion , chopped
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 cups (500 g) finely chopped kale (leaves only)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1 large egg , lightly beaten
- 1 package (50 wonton wrappers) , defrosted
- cooking oil
In a large mixing bowl, combine ground meat, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, oyster sauce, green onions and chopped kale leaves. Mix well and set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, combine water and beaten egg. Whisk well, using a fork.
Place wonton wrapper on your hand. Add 1 teaspoon of meat mixture to the centre of wonton wrapper. Dip a finger in the egg mixture and paint all wedges with egg mixture. Fold wonton wrapper in half , corner to opposite corner , to make a triangle. Seal tightly all around. Fold the longer two triangle points together and seal to make the wonton shape.
In a wok, preheat 1 inch (2.54 centimetres) of cooking oil until bubble. Add a few wontons at a time. Fry, turning occasionally, until they are golden brown.
Remove fried wontons from the wok. Place on the paper towel, so they can drain excess oil. Serve fried wontons hot or cold.