Ginger Chicken Stew
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 3 skinless and boneless chicken breasts,chunked
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon greshly ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled and diced
- 4 plum tomatoes,diced
- 3 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 jalapeno peppers,minced
- 2 tablespooons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter,chunked
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 green onions,sliced
- chopped fresh cilantro
Season chicken chunks with salt,black pepper and dried ginger.
Preheat vegetable oil in a large pan. Add seasoned chicken chunks and brown in all sides. Remove meat and set aside.
Add onions,jalapeno,garlic and ginger to the same pane. Saute over medium heat until onion begin soften (for about 2-3 minutes). Add tomatoes and red pepper flakes. Cook,stirring, for a further 2-3 minutes.
Stir in peanut butte,chicken stock and tomato paste. Mix well to combine.
Stir in reserved chicken chunks. Simmer,uncovered, for about 15 minutes.
Remove cooked chicken and vegetables from the pan. Transfer to serving platter. Sprinkle with green onions and cilantro. Serve hot.