Gong Bau Chicken
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 2 boneless,skinless chicken breasts,cut into 1/2-inch(1 cm) cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 10 dried red chilies,snipped into 3 pieces
- 1 teaspoon Sichuan peppers
- 3 garlic cloves,peeled and finely sliced
- 1-inch(2,5 cm) piece of fresh ginger,finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped scallion,white part only
- 3 oz (90g) peanuts,roasted
- For Marinade:
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Shaoxing rice wine
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- For Sauce:
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black Chinese rice vinegar
- a few drops of sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
For Marinade: In a mixing bowl,combine light soy sauce,rice wine and sugar. Mix well,add cubed chicken and marinate,covered,for 20 minutes.
For Sauce: In another mixing bowl,combine all ingredients for sauce. Mix well together and set aside.
Gong Bau Chicken: In a preheated deep skillet,heat vegetable oil and stir-fry the chilies and peppers until crisp and fragrant. Toss in marinated chicken cubes. When they begin to turn white,add the garlic,ginger and scallion.
Stir-fry for 5-7 minutes,until the chicken cooked. Pour in the sauce and mix well together. Stir in roasted peanuts. Serve Gong Bau chicken at once.