Grilled Barbecue Chicken Kebabs
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Ready In: 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Grilled barbecue chicken kebabs. Delicious grilled chicken thighs with barbecue sauce, whiskey, and spices.
- 16 oz (480 g) barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) bourbon
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless and skinless chicken thighs,cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika plus 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 slices raw bacon,cat into small pieces
Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
In a small mixing bowl,combine BBQ sauce and bourbon. Stir well and set aside.
In a food processor,combine all dry ingredients and sliced bacon. Process until smooth.
Place chicken meat in a bowl. Rub chicken pieces with bacon paste. Tread rubbed chicken pieces onto soaked bamboo skewers.
Place chicken kebabs on preheated grill. Grill,turning, for about 5 minutes per side.
Brush chicken kebabs with BBQ-bourbon mixture and grill for a further 1 minute. Serve hot with remaining BBQ-bourbon sauce.