Grilled Chicken Drumsticks with Honey-Chipotle Sauce
- Yield : 4
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 2 pounds (960 g) fresh chicken drumsticks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For Honey-Chipotle Sauce:half of red onion,peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup (60 g) melted butter
- 1 cup (250 g) ketchup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup (125 g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup 960 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 g) clear honey
- 3 1/2 oz (105 g) chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 28 oz (840 g) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon liquid Barbecue Smoke®
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Heat gas grill over medium-high heat.
Pat dry chicken drumsticks with a paper towel. Season with salt and black pepper.
Grill chicken drumsticks on low heat. After chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165º F (82 C),brush with honey-chipotle sauce. Continue grilling,turning,for a further 3 minutes.
Remove grilled chicken drumsticks from the heat. Arrange on a serving platter. Serve with extra honey-chipotle sauce.
To prepare sauce: Preheat sauce pan to medium-high heat. Add melted butter and diced onions. Cook until onion translucent.
Add remaining ingredients,reduce the heat to low and simmer until sauce has thickened, for about 1 hour. Remove from the heat ans set aside. Allow to cool completely.
Place sauce in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth.